Monday, November 26, 2007

Deck the halls!


Ashlyn was especially excited to start the christmas festivies this year. And stupidly i promised her that on the day after thanksgiving I would get the tree out and all her ornaments and we would decorate the tree. Well i hadnt really thought about one small wildly curious monkey named alysse that would make the next month of my life terrible each day as I would have to try to defend the tree from her terror. So I decided to get ashlyn a little tree all of her own that she could decorate and put her special ornaments on. She was squealing and all but ripping my arm off on the way into target as we bought her very own tree. She was excited to pick out some decorations, and lights for the tree... and all by herself decided to go with a rainbow themed tree. My little themed OCD heart leaped as she picked a pattern and theme and wanted it all to match! So When we got home she decorated her tree and found the perfect place (out of alysse's reach) to display her masterpiece. She had a great time going thru all the ornaments that she had recieved over the years from "nanz" She calls my mom nanz...long story...but moving on. Each year my mom gets her an ornament that kinda represents what she was into that year. so we got them all out and she put them on her special tree. It was so cute to see her take so much pride in doing it right and carefully placing the ornaments in the exact right spot! It was a great way to kick off our holiday season!

8 comments:

{Erica} said...

so cute! I bet she loved having her own little tree! I love the idea of the ornament every year that represents what she was into at that time...what a great idea!

ps it's SOOO CUBE!! :D

Jessica Bell said...

Your little Ashlyn is so dang cute. I love how excited she gets about everything. I can also relate to the crazy child who's greatest desire is to destroy all things fragile. Good luck!

Heitmann Family said...

Good Job Ashlyn, and what a cool mom you have to get you your very own tree. Merry Christmas!!

Alison said...

So adorable! That was a great idea to let Ashlyn have her own tree--you are a nicer mom than me. Happy Holidays!

Anonymous said...

I love the holidays when your kids can really understand and enjoy! These are the cutest pictures! The ornament thing is so fun, my mom does that and I love it!

M & S Eagar said...

My little OCD heart would have leapt for joy too! Hey, I wanted to tell you that if they put Ashlyn on prescription allergy stuff that Emma does really well on the Zyrtec. She takes it well and it doesn't make her super sleepy like some of the others. However, I do still give it to her at night though.

Also - I mailed the stuff to you yesterday. I threw in 2 doubles of some American Girl Doll books too.

The Nielsen Family said...

What a fun idea!

The Deeds said...

You girls are soooo stinking cute!!! I wish you guys were out here in colorado. Brooklyn got to go sleding a couple months ago. It would have been so fun for you girls to go together. We are so excited to see you next week!!! Love you guys!!!